Sunday, December 30, 2018

9 My Indoor Archery Range

I worked in my store up on the square most of today. I filled my truck up with boxes of books and boards. That will have to wait until tomorrow.
I emptied out about ten six foot high book cases and arranged them down through almost the middle of the room. I had to move some smaller cases and two tables, which will have to be moved out later.
I set up a new archery target that I just bought at Cabela's. Shelby had given me a Christmas Gift Card from there, so of course, I had to use it for another target.  When I have finished the new set up, I will be able to stand at the front right window and shoot arrows down through the room without having to worry about the weather.  I am getting pretty excited about my own private indoor archery range. I have different targets ready to go in when the time comes. Shooting my bows really helps with the pain from my complete rotator cuff tear in my left shoulder.
    I will be able to take Shelby up to my range so she can shoot her new bow during the winter months. We have set up an outdoor range at the house, but it's not much fun in cold weather. The room goes back far enough to serve us quite well as an indoor range. I've kept the lights on up at my store, so it will be nice to finally get some benefit from paying that light bill.
     I still have Patti's office materials stored in the building, so I can continue to work my way through her thirty-five year collection of materials she used in teaching English Grammar/English Literature/ and Technical Writing. I have already come across quite a few personal writings of hers that she kept up at her college office. I go through boxes and boxes of her papers and every now and then I find something that has meaning to Shelby or me. It's been three years and we still grieve as we come across her papers and personal items.
     I haven't seen much news today, except for more of the videos of the explosions in New York. I did see some videos of explosions in Louisiana. I could see the DEW come down from the sky and then and explosion. Looks like to me that we are being tested for our reactions. Looks like something big will be coming down soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to post a comment here.